(The video above is of the homeschool conference I was privileged to speak at in January of 2014. You can see a photo of me giving the keynote address at 13 seconds into the video.)
I like to talk. Way, way, WAY too much.
And I REALLY like speaking at homeschool conventions and have done it quite a number of times over my seventeen years of homeschooling.
In January of 2014, I was asked to be the Keynote Speaker for a homeschool convention in Utah. It was my first keynote, and probably my last, because I am not that amazing or great at being a KEYNOTE SPEAKER.
It was the first time in my life I was actually scared to get up in front of people. NO JOKE.
But I eventually had an AWESOME time doing it, and I especially loved that I got to hang out with some great people!
I LOVE to encourage moms and homeschoolers, and speaking and teaching gives me a chance to do just that.
Here's what I like to speak about:
- Encouragement in Homemaking
- Nobility in the Mission of Motherhood
- Teaching Kids How to Work in the Home
- Inspiring Greatness in students
- Homeschooling children of various ages at the same time. (a.k.a "the One-Room Homeschool")
- Homeschooling teens- especially keeping high school records.
- Homeschooling children with a Charlotte Mason approach
- SHAKESPEARE: How and WHY to teach it
- How to lead class discussions
- Establishing and nurturing a vibrant Family Culture
If you'd like me to speak at your homeschool or parenting event, please contact me at rachelkeppner at gmail dot com. I look forward to hearing from you!